Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Memorial Weekend

I cant believe I forgot to blog about this..We had such an amazing time over Memorial weekend..The weather was so nice and relaxing despite the rain..We still had so much fun and we can always make a good time no matter what..We went and camped at the Kiabab Camp and RV in the Grand Canyon..I had never been to the Grand Canyon so it was really cool to see it..Our camp ground was so nice and secluded..It had huge pine trees everywhere..We went with our family and some friends..We had lots of yummy food especially the dutch oven bbq sandwiches..And Kasey made the yummiest cobbler I have every eaten..It was so so good!! On Saturday when we were heading up to the Canyon we were driving behind a pack of bikers..We went around one corner and the next thing we see is bikes crashed all over the road and people running..My bro-in-law is an EMT so we stopped to help..I have to admit is was so scary thinking about what I was about to see coming up on an accident..And just one that had barely happened right in front of our eyes..In the end it turned out ok and everyone went away with minor injuries..After we finally got up to the Grand Canyon it was hailing so hard that we just drove back down..On Monday it was really sunny and we finally got to hike in the canyon..It was such a fun and exciting trip..
These Indian ruins were really cool..There was an actual little house inside that rock..

Hiking..

At the top of the Grand Canyon..It was really foggy and rainy this day..

Creu enjoying his breakfast..He is such an easy baby to camp with..

This was some of the accident..My bro-in-law is the one in the black jacket kneeling down And then my friend Karen is in the green sweatshirt and her husband Kasey..This guy had to be life flighted because they thought he might being having a heart attack..

1 comment:

Luikart Family said...

I love camping! That looks like a lot of fun, minus the accident. I need to go more often with Ben and Brady.