Tuesday, August 12, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten



Today was Blakelys first day of kindergarten..She was so excited to explore her classroom..She had a pirates treasure hunt..There were ten different spots and it got them to learn about the rules and centers in the class..Also it tested their writing skills and reading skills..She was so excited to have a big girl bookbag and to be going to big girl school..I am excited for her..She was so funny because as we were getting out of the car she said to me, "Do you really have to come in with me"..I laughed so hard..That is so Blakely..She is very independent..I told her only today I would have to and then the rest of the year she could do it by herself..LOL!

2 comments:

*kRiSti* said...

Addi LOVED the first day of kindergarten when they did the pirate thing. I didn't know they do it every year!sounds like she had fun. Mine didn't want me to go with them either!:(

Kristy Wilkey said...

Stacey-
Hey long lost girl! I was just thinking of you and Dana the other day and wondering what had happened to ya! Now I know and can check in on you occassionally! :-)
Sounds like Blaklely is a tough girl and like you handled her growing up better than I am going to. Shelby goes to kinder next year and I am already dreading it!! Crazy I know. Hope to talk to you soon.
Kristy