Sunday, December 28, 2008

Left Knee Scope

For those of you who know me well you know that I have had a bad knee from highschool and all of my dancing years..I tore my meniscus my Junior year of highschool..Well, it wasnt that bad until I started hair school last January and then it gradually got worse..I finally went in and had knee surgery because it seemed like I was reinjuring it every other day..The last straw was one night I was at school doing hair and I twisted it really bad and I couldnt even hardly finish what I was doing because it hurt so bad to stand..I went in to see my doctor and he said if HAIR was going to be my career I might as well do the surgery now while I was still young..I thought that was a very nice compliment..Anyway!!! I had it done on December 12th and I didnt get very good pictures of the aftermath but I will post what I have..I did though get some really cool pictures of the inside of me knee..It really is confusing unless the doctor is explaining what everything is..All went good and I went last week to get the stiches taken out..He said that it was one of the worst torn meniscus' he has ever seen..I would believe him..I was always in so much pain..Hopefully it will keep getting better and I will be pain free forever..The only downfall is that the Dr. said I will get arthritis in my knee pretty bad because he had to cut so much of the meniscus out that there is not much left to support the knee bones..O'well, the things we do to feel good!!
Here is the most exciting picture..NOT!! HaHa

There were only two little incisions..The other one was on the other side of my knee..It was same day surgery and I was only on crutches for two days..After that I used only one for a couple more days and then I was walking all by myself..It was weird to start walking again because it was such a different feeling to not have the cushion between the two knee bones..

1 comment:

Kristy Wilkey said...

You have been a very busy person. Hope you and your family had a Merry Christmas. Good luck trying to sell that house and with your knee recovery!
Kristy